Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 18

Today was a rainy/snowy day so I decided to spend the morning catching up on facebook messages. My birthday was two weeks ago and I really got behind on my replies. I did do a post thanking everyone on my birthday, but every year I like to take the time to thank them all individually too.  I usually don’t wait two weeks though….better late than not at all I suppose. I feel if they take the time to send me a message I am going to take the time to thank them individually. It was nice to reread all their kind notes, it brightened up my morning.

I went grocery shopping this afternoon and it was pretty busy. While waiting in the line-up I told three different people to go ahead of me as they had less items than I did, but not one of them would. By the third person I finally said “Please I want you to go in front of me…let me do a random act of kindness.” But they just smiled and laughed  - I think they thought they were on "Just for Laughs Gags" or something ;)

So my day had good intentions but nothing concrete for a RAOK. I had made up signs last week that I found on pinterest but it has been so rainy so I hadn’t put them up yet. So tonight I looked at the forecast and we are not getting any more rain for a few days – ideal conditions for paper sign survival. So I bundled up and set out to post my little signs all over the city. I had 30 of them and had a lot of fun finding spots to put them. At the same time trying to imagine what people would think when they read them. Some will laugh, some will think they are sappy and others will appreciate them :) Even if one person reads them and smiles, it will be worth all the effort.

These are the signs I found on pinterest (and then made my own):





No comments:

Post a Comment